Friday, November 21, 2008

A little thing that brings a big smile


Well sure, there are the obvious things... we are going to be parents, my husband is super supportive and helpful, my growing amazing family and dear friends... but at the gym lately I have a new smile maker.


If you didnt know, I love to run. It is a stress releaver and it gives me time to clear my head. I have slowed the pace and mileage down since learning we were expecting. I am keeping a 9 minute mile with water breaks in between miles. I make Matt run at least the last mile with me, boy does he not like cardio!


So.... my new secret smile maker... passing military guys (or even better, lapping them) on the track! I am starting to show now and wonder what they are thinking when they see this pregnant lady passing them on the track! I hope to be wobbling around track up till I deliver. People tell me I will not be interested, we will see!


Dont worry Nervous Nellies! I have spoke to the doctor and she has cleared me for running, no marathons but a couple of miles around the track is okay!

2 comments:

tessahjake said...

made me laugh out loud! miss you. - will have to show you the super cool no-knit scarves tessah and i are making for xmas presents. cute cute cute

lisadc said...

I just joined your blog and went back and read the posts...i should be working. I am tickled by the image of you with a big belly lapping the military guys. So funny! Made me LOL.